To help you navigate the administration of the EDSCLS, we have divided this page into four sections: Materials to Get Started, Notes for IT Administrators, EDSCLS Assistance, and Related Resources. This page also provides links to direct you to more information regarding EDSCLS platform updates and other relevant training materials.
Materials to Get Started
We recommend that you download and read the User Guide before downloading the platform. The guide includes a section for IT staff and a section for survey administrators.
Materials Were Last Updated on July 27, 2020
EDSCLS VM Installation Materials
Feel free to call the EDSCLS Help Desk at 866-730-6735 between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Eastern Time or email EDSCLS@air.org any time for assistance in:
- navigating the installation instructions in the User Guide,
- clarifying EDSCLS Frequently Asked Questions,
- using the survey administrator dashboard before, during, or after your survey administration,
- asking general survey administration support questions, and
- connecting with other users via the User Information Exchange.
We have staff standing by.
Notes For IT Administrators
- The Virtual Machine is an extremely large, ranging from 6 to 8.2 GB file depending on the update, and depending on your internet connection, could take quite a while to download. Also, you may need to attempt the download more than once.
- Use the 99bc2fb3b297dfda7b22072e365f24d6-114 hash on the page to confirm the download file.
NCSSLE provides a host of resources that can guide you in administering school climate surveys and implementing school climate improvement plans in your school and district. These resources include:
- The School Climate Survey Webinar Series:
- School Climate Measurement Resources:
- School Climate Survey Compendium:
The EDSCLS can accommodate up to 500 concurrent respondents using the minimum requirements as detailed above. Up to 500 additional concurrent respondents can be supported if dual servers are used with the following server settings: 8 vCPU, 16GB Memory, 100GB disk.
If a user wishes to support more than 500 concurrent respondents, multiple copies of the EDSCLS platform can be installed and results from the multiple copies can be combined (see 2.2.10 Exporting and Importing Respondent-Level Survey Results). Due to these load limitations it is recommended that large education agencies (for example, State Education Agencies) install multiple copies of the platform. Large education agencies may also wish to reduce the load on the EDSCLS platform by staggering their survey administration such that a limited number of students attempt to access the platform at once.