Examined the psychological and behavioral aspects of threat assessment and management. Gained understanding in normal versus abnormal child and adolescent behaviors, identified red-flags, why threats are made, and how threats can be managed along a pathway toward violence (both short and long-term) to ensure personnel safety. Reviewed common problems in school threat assessment and proposed solutions. Learned multidisciplinary threat assessment and management strategies and explored empirically based youth-violence risk and protective factors. Reviewed assessment tools for use in the school system. Participated in simulated threat assessments and management with followup discussion (hotwash).
Upon completion of this training, participants were be able to:
- Implement a multidisciplinary threat assessment and management plan;
- Identify normal versus abnormal childhood behavior and the nuances related to increasing threat;
- Determine accurate youth violence risk and protective factors;
- Diagnose problems within your own threat assessment and management protocols; and
- Leverage new assessment tools within the school system.
Registration: Register for in-person event here.