The U.S. Secret Service presented findings from the agency's newly released report examining targeted school violence. Information at the event was disclosed on relevant topics to threat assessment including, but not limited to:
- Motives, targeting, tactics, and harm caused;
- Concerning communication made prior to the attacks;
- The diversity of stressors and home-life factors that may have played a role;
- School histories of discipline and performance;
- Concerning behaviors exhibited prior, who may have observed them, and what actions may or may not have been taken by others; and
- Histories of behavioral or emotional issues and impact on actions.
The event was a full day training addressing threat assessment in schools intended for law enforcement, teachers, counselors, principals, superintendents, SROs, school psychologists, community mental health professionals, and other school safety stakeholders.
Registration: Register for the in-person event.