On Tuesday, September 14, 2021, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. ET, the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and its Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools (REMS) Technical Assistance (TA) Center will host a Webinar with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and partners from the state of California. This Webinar will highlight the importance of building relationships at the state level to support education agencies with disaster and emergency response and recovery planning and to assist districts with understanding how FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Program funding can support those efforts.
The objectives of this 60-minute Webinar are to
- Highlight the importance of relationship-building at the state-level to support education agencies with disaster response and recovery planning, and support education agencies with accessing FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Program funding following Presidentially declared disasters and emergencies.
- Host a panel with partners from the state of California to showcase the challenges of education agencies; how relationships support recovery and response planning and grant funding access; and capacity-building efforts that have enhanced school safety, security, emergency management, and preparedness at the local and state level.
- Share resources to assist local and state education and emergency management agency planning partners with accessing the FEMA PA Program and collaboration around response and recovery planning.
U.S. Department of Education
- Christopher Tate, Disaster Recovery Unit
- Monica McMillan, Team Lead, State/Local/Tribal/Territorial, PA Training Section, PA Cadre
California Department of Education
- Joe Anderson, Emergency Services Team
California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- Lynne Olson, Program Manager, Planning Division
Butte County Office of Education
- Tad Alexander, Associate Superintendent
REMS TA Center
- Janelle Hughes, Project Director
Questions About the Event?
Contact the REMS TA Center Help Desk at 1-855-781-REMS  or email@example.com from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.
Can’t make the live event? This Webinar will be archived on the REMS TA Center’s Website within 7 business days.