This webinar provided an overview of the importance of positive or strengths-based approaches to adolescent health. The webinar highlighted some of the biggest challenges facing adolescents today.
- Maria Trent, MD, MPH, professor of pediatrics at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University and president of the Society for Adolescent Health and Medicine, discussed the importance of a positive approach to adolescent health and the top challenges facing adolescents today
- Kenneth R. Ginsburg, MD, MSEd, co-director of the Center for Parent and Teen Communication, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, and professor of pediatrics at the Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, discussed integrating resilience-building strategies, positive youth development and trauma-sensitive practices
In addition, webinar participants learned how to:
- Explain why adolescents are a population of critical importance for public health programs and professionals;
- Identify the importance of emphasizing strengths rather than risks related to adolescent health; and
- Identify some of the top challenges facing adolescents today and strategies for addressing them.
Registration: Register for the webinar here.