The U.S.. Department of Education (ED)/Office of Safe and Healthy Students and the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) offered the first Online Learning Event (OLE) for P2 grantees for FY 2017, presented by Sally Ruddy and Pia Peltola of the NCSSLE survey team and co-hosted by Nicole White (OSHS P2 Project Officer) and Jeanne Poduska (NCSSLE TAS). This webinar was offered twice, on January 24 and again on January 25.
In this online learning event, participants:
- Reviewed the three P2 GPRA measures: definitions and data collection methods
- Focused on the interpretation of student engagement data
- Considered the use of engagement data to improve school climate
- Leanred about NCSSLE’s forthcoming School Climate Improvement Resource Package (SCIRP)
- Learned about EDSCLS updates and upcoming Grantee Forums focused on using data to inform practice
About the Speakers
Sally Ruddy is a Principal Researcher at AIR and has served as Lead Survey Specialist for NCSSLE since 2010, where she has played a key role in supporting grantees in measuring school climate and reporting and using GPRA data. She has over 20 years of experience in survey methodology.
Pia Peltola is a Principal Researcher at AIR and serves as a Survey Specialist for NCSSLE. She has more than 12 years of experience as a survey methodologist and education researcher.
Note: Project Directors are encouraged to attend this event along with the project evaluators. If there are other staff you think should attend or who can bring the information back to your team, please forward this invite to them. Adobe Connect, phone-in instructions, and slides will be sent the morning of the event.