Attention: State and District Leaders, School Administrators, Educators, Student Support Personnel, Parents, and Education Stakeholders, including Community Based Organizations
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to address hot topics that are on the top of educators’ minds. After sharing federal updates, the series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, and other places of educational instruction. It also shares a variety of useful resources.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next Lessons from the Field webinar, AmeriCorps + High Impact Tutoring = Student Success.
Date: Wednesday, May 4, 2022
Time: 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
Please join the U.S. Department of Education and AmeriCorps for this webinar exploring the role evidence-based, high impact tutoring can play in addressing learning loss experienced by students during the COVID pandemic and beyond. National, state, and local strategies will be shared, including direct examples from field practitioners via AmeriCorps partnerships.
- Ruth Ryder, Deputy Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Education
- Mary Hyde, Ph.D., Director, Office of Research and Evaluation, AmeriCorps
- Atalaya Sergi, Director, AmeriCorps Seniors
- Elizabeth Pawloski, CVA, National Director, Tutoring Partnerships and Expansion, OASIS
- Jason Sefrit, Ed.D., Superintendent, City of St. Charles School District, Missouri
- Sonali Nijhawan, Director, AmeriCorps State and National
- Lindsay Dolce, Chief Advancement Officer, Ampact
- Shawonnna Coleman, Ed.D., Executive Director of Georgia Programs
- Brooke Humphrey, Executive Director, Curriculum and Instruction, Fulton County Schools, Georgia
- Itzel Galindo, Executive Director, Wisconsin Programs
- Mallory Umar, Assistant Director of Curriculum and Instruction at Racine Unified Public Schools, Wisconsin
- Leveraging National Service in Your Schools: A Superintendent’s/Principal’s Toolkit to Utilizing National Service Resources
- SCALER Tool
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool
- AmeriCorps Evidence Exchange (Search by Education Focus Area)
- Ampact: AmeriCorps in Action Website
- National Science & Service Collaborative
- National Science & Service Collaborative: Evidence of AmeriCorps Impact
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of students and staff.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
To access archived materials from previous webinars and to find out what is coming next, go here.