Attention: State and District Leaders, School Administrators, School-Based Health Center Staff, Student Support Personnel, Parents, and Education Stakeholders
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to address hot topics that are on the top of educators’ minds. In addition to sharing federal updates, the series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction. It also shares a variety of useful resources.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next Lessons from the Field webinar, Expanding School-Health Center Partnerships.
Date: Wednesday, March 30, 2022
Time: 3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
Please join us for important information from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services highlighting successful models of health center service delivery in schools, as well as approaches, needs, and opportunities to support partnerships between schools and health centers. Case examples of school-based service delivery in health centers were highlighted.
- Jen Joseph, Director, Office of Policy and Program Development, Bureau of Primary Health Care, HRSA
- Andrea Shore, Chief Program Officer, School-Based Health Alliance (SBHA)
- Tammy Greenwell, Chief Operations Officer, Blue Ridge Community Health Services, Inc. (NC)
- Jessica McColley, Chief Medical Officer, Cabin Creek Health Center, Inc. (WV)
- Matt Gruebmeyer, Director of Student Services, Henderson County Public Schools (NC)
Find a Health Center
Key Considerations to Building Relationships & Resources
- 2020-21 National Survey of School-Based Health Centers: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic (SBHA)
- School-based Telehealth Playbook (SBHA)
- Advancing Health Center and School Partnerships to Improve COVID-19 Vaccination Administration for Children and Adolescents (SBHA, NACHC)
- Hallways to Health: Creating a School-Wide Culture of Wellness (SBHA)
General School Health Services
- What Works: Sexual Health Services (CDC)
- Health Services for Teens (CDC)
- School Health Services (CDC)
- School Nursing and School-Based Health Centers in the United States (SBHA)
- Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (Center on PBIS)
- Interconnected Systems Framework (Center on PBIS)
- National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE)
- Center to Improve Social and Emotional Learning and School Safety (CISELSS)
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing from you about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of your students and staff as they return to in-person learning.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
To access archived materials from previous webinars and to find out what is coming next, go here.