Attention: Building and Grounds, Capital Projects, Facilities and Maintenance, and Safety and Security Personnel and Leadership
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to support educational settings in safely sustaining or returning to in-person instruction. The series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next webinar, Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation in America’s K-12 Schools: Guidance and Strategies for Improved Results.
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Time: 3:00-4:15 pm EST
This informative webinar featured updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the U.S. Department of Education on maintaining safe indoor air quality in schools. Following the federal agency updates, a panel of practitioners discussed strategies they have utilized to improve indoor air quality and ventilation in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ruth Ryder: Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Diane Rentner: Office of State and Grantee Relations, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Jane Hess: Attorney, Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Education
- Kenneth Mead: Senior Research Engineer, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Tracy Enger: Indoor Air Quality Schools Program Team Leader, Environmental Protection Agency
- Fred Remelius: Director of Operations, Upper Merion Area School District, King of Prussia, PA
- Mark Cocco: Safety Manager, Martin County School District, Stuart, FL
- Ricky Martinez: Assistant Director of Facility Services, Salt Lake City School District, UT
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students' Needs (ED)
- Ventilation in Schools and Child Care Programs (CDC)
- Ventilation in Buildings (CDC)
- Upper-Room Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) (CDC)
- Creating Healthy Indoor Air Quality in Schools (EPA)
- Framework for Effective School IAQ Management (EPA)
- Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Action Kit (EPA)
- Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools Preventive Maintenance Guidance Documents (EPA)
- Indoor Air Quality Tools for Schools On-Demand Training Webinars (EPA)
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing from you about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of your students and staff as they return to in-person learning.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
Archived Events: To access archived materials from previous Lessons from the Field webinars, go here.
Upcoming Webinars: Due to popular demand, the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series has been extended to run through September 2021. Stay tuned for additional details on upcoming webinars that will assist American educators in ensuring a safe and supportive transition back to in-person learning. Some of the anticipated topics for the upcoming webinars include after-summer learning and student reengagement.