Attention: State and District Leaders, School Administrators, Educators, Student Support Personnel, Parents, and Education Stakeholders
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to support educational settings in safely sustaining in-person instruction. The series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction, describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next webinar, Staying in School in Person in 2022: Test to Stay and Other Strategies.
Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Time: 3:00 - 4:00 pm ET
This important information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Department of Education addressed ways to sustain in-person instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic. Discussion of Test to Stay efforts and strategies for staff and community communication in support of sustained in-person instruction were addressed. A panel discussion with practitioners from the field followed information shared by federal agency staff members.
- Hayley Meadvin: Senior Advisor, Office of the Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Miguella Mark-Carew: Field Epidemiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Neha Cramer: Guidance and Technical Assistance Lead, STLT Support Task Force, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Kristine Orr: Superintendent, South Glens Falls School District (NY)
- Kristen Howard: Epidemiologist, Saratoga County Public Health Services (NY)
U.S. Department of Education Resources
- Overview of COVID-19 Quarantine for K-12 Schools | CDC
- Overview of COVID-19 Isolation for K-12 Schools | COVID-19 | CDC
- School Testing for COVID-19 | CDC
- Questions & Answers on School Testing | CDC
- Sample Letters for Schools | CDC
- Evaluation of Test to Stay Strategy on Secondary and Tertiary Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K–12 Schools — Lake County, Illinois, August 9–October 29, 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)
- Evaluation of a Test to Stay Strategy in Transitional Kindergarten Through Grade 12 Schools — Los Angeles County, California, August 16–October 31, 2021 | MMWR (cdc.gov)
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
Archived Events: To access archived materials from previous Lessons from the Field webinars, go here.
Upcoming Webinars: Stay tuned for additional details on upcoming webinars in the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series.