Attention: Higher Education Personnel including Student Affairs Administrators and Student Health Services
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to support educational settings in safely sustaining or returning to in-person instruction. The series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), including the Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools and the Office of Postsecondary Education, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to view the latest webinar, Strategies for Supporting College and University Students Holistically and Safely: CDC Guidance and Best Practices.
This informative webinar featured updates and strategies from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; ED’s Office of Postsecondary Education; and a panel of practitioners from a variety of colleges and universities on how to serve college and university students well and safely.
- Jonathan S. Yoder, MSW, MPH: Lead, Community Intervention & Critical Populations, Task Force, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Shannon Stokley, DrPH: Vaccine Task Force, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Nick Lee, MPA: Deputy Assistant Secretary, Office of Planning, Evaluation, and Policy Development, U.S. Department of Education
- Clarence “CJ” Powell, MS: Special Assistant, Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education
- Antonio Boyle, MBA: Vice President of Strategic Enrollment and Student Affairs, Delaware State University
- Sharon Davis, PhD: Chief Critical Response Officer, Dallas College
This event will reference the following resources, which we encourage you to download in advance of the webinar to inform participation:
- CDC’s Guidance for Institutions of Higher Education (IHEs)
- CDC’s COVID-19 Vaccine Toolkit for Institutions of Higher Education (IHE), Community Colleges, and Technical Schools
- ED’s COVID-19 Handbook Volume 3: Strategies for Safe Operation and Addressing the Impact of COVID-19 on Higher Education Students, Faculty, and Staff
- American Rescue Plan Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund Frequently Asked Questions
- NCSSLE’s Higher Education e-Digest
- Benefits of COVID-19 Vaccinations
- CDC COVID-19 Data Tracker
- Guidance for Shared or Congregate Housing
- Partnering with Local Pharmacies
- Prevention Strategies
- Stress and Coping
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing from you about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of your students and staff as they return to in-person learning.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
Archived Events: To access archived materials from previous Lessons from the Field webinars, go here.
Upcoming Webinars: Due to popular demand, the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series has been extended to run through September 2021. Stay tuned for additional details on upcoming webinars that will assist American educators in ensuring a safe and supportive transition back to in-person learning. Some of the anticipated topics for the upcoming webinars include ventilation and air quality, after-summer learning, and parent reengagement.