Attention: State and District Leaders, School Administrators, Educators, Student Support Personnel, Parents, and Education Stakeholders
The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to address topics that are on the top of educators’ minds. After sharing federal updates, the series features lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, and other places of educational instruction. It also shares a variety of useful resources.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join our next webinar, Strategies for Student Support Teams to Support Students’ Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Academic Well-Being and Success.
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
3:00 – 4:30 pm ET
Student support teams play a key role in providing effective student aid and assistance, which includes ensuring educators have the skills and resources they need to best help students. This session is the fifth in the Miniseries on Supporting Students’ Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Academic Well-Being and Success, with a focus on strategies for student and teacher support teams. The session began with an overview of the important role student support teams play in identifying and assisting students who need additional services, as well as key strategies for success. Then, we heard from a panel of student support team practitioners who will share effective strategies for developing and implementing positive student supports, as well as lessons learned and future directions to support student well-being and success.
- Rob Mayo, Senior Technical Assistance Consultant, American Institutes for Research
- Donna V. Goings, Director, Mental Health and Family Wellness Centers, Shelby County Schools Mental Health Center, TN
- Michelle Robinson-Jones, Regional Manager, Mastered-Level School Mental Health Clinicians, Mental Health and Family Wellness Centers, Memphis Shelby County Schools, TN
- Larry Porter, Supervisor, Intervention Services, Pasco County School District, FL
- Matthew Wicks, Supervisor, Athletics, Physical Education, Health, and Driver’s Education, Office for Leading and Learning, Pasco County School District, FL
- Joyce West, Pupil Personnel Services Director, Gardner Public Schools, MA
- Amber Casavant, District MTSS/PBIS Coordinator, Gardner Public Schools, MA
- Cindy Carraway-Wilson, Training Specialist, National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE)
- Guiding Principles for Creating Safe, Inclusive, Supportive, and Fair School Climates, U.S. Department of Education
- Supporting Students’ Social, Emotional, Behavioral, and Academic Well-Being and Success: Strategies for Student and Teacher Support Teams, U.S. Department of Education
- Issue Brief: Student Support Teams, U.S. Department of Education
- Michigan MTSS Technical Assistance Center, Michigan Department of Education
- Systematic Screening Tools: Universal Behavior Screeners, Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Improving Tier 3 Implementation and Outcomes in a High-Needs School, Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of students and staff.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
To access archived materials from previous webinars and to find out what is coming next, go here.