COVID-19 and racial inequities are unfortunate realities that can lead to student trauma. Join REL Southwest for a free webinar on collective trauma in the current contexts of COVID-19 and social injustice. In this interactive webinar, presenters will discuss collective trauma and how it may affect staff and students. Afterward, participants will join a breakout session to explore one of the following:
- a four-step model for working through collective trauma, particularly racial trauma
- a session to learn how integrating trauma-sensitive strategies and social-emotional learning (SEL) can support a holistic approach to meeting student and staff needs
- Gain a better understanding of the definition and effects of collective trauma among adults and children
- Become aware of the research base and evidence of the effects of collective trauma among adults and children
- Understand how to engage in solutions-based discussions and collective reflection on community trauma related to social injustice and inequity
- Understand how designing approaches that integrate trauma-sensitive strategies and SEL can help address collective trauma and inequity
This webinar is designed for a broad national audience of principals, instructional coaches, teachers, district staff, and state education staff.