Join REL West for a free, one-hour webinar on state, district, and school-based strategies to support student and family engagement, particularly among vulnerable populations, in the context of distance learning during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Effective student and family engagement relies on establishing trusting relationships in which educators, students, and their parents see themselves and each other as equal partners. Without opportunities to interact in person, it is now more difficult and also more important to build and maintain these strong relationships.
This Engaging Parents and Students from Diverse Populations in the Context of Distance Learning webinar will share lessons from research and practice to help educators engage with students and their families to support continued learning during the COVID-19 pandemic. Presenters will discuss strategies in three areas:
- Cultivating a partnership orientation;
- Practicing cultural responsiveness; and
- Establishing two-way communication.
Speakers include the following:
- Margit Birge, Senor Program Associate, WestEd
- D’Lisa Crain, Family Engagement Coordinator, Washoe County School District (Nevada)
- Barbara Jones, Professional Learning Specialist, WestEd
- Claudia Medina, Coordinator of Family and Community Engagement Programs, Alameda Unified School District (California)
- Sara Stone, Chief Academic Officer, Alameda Unified School District (California)
Registration: Register for the webinar here.