Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
As our nation contends with the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on families, students, educators, and communities across the country, the U.S. Department of Education (ED) is hosting a webinar series in partnership with other federal agencies, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments to support educational settings in safely sustaining or returning to in-person instruction.
The series features lessons learned and best practices from teachers, faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, other places of educational instruction, describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic. Below is a list of events from the series. Simply click on an event title to access more information, including archived materials. As additional events in the series take place, this webpage will be updated.
- Safely Reopening and Sustaining In-Person Instruction (March 31, 2021)
- Guidance for Early Childhood Education Programs and Providers (April 14, 2021)
- Family & Community Engagement and Returning to In-Person Instruction (April 28, 2021)
- How Schools and Districts Are Meeting the Social-Emotional and Mental Health Needs of Students and Staff (May 12, 2021)
- Returning to In-Person Learning: Supporting Students, Especially Those with Disabilities, through Intensive Instruction, Effective Learning Environments and Family Engagement (May 26, 2021)
- Strategies for Supporting College and University Students Holistically and Safely: CDC Guidance and Best Practices (June 9, 2021)
- Indoor Air Quality and Ventilation in America’s K-12 Schools: Guidance and Strategies for Improved Results (June 30, 2021)
- Strategies for Safely Returning to School: The Latest Federal Guidance (July 14, 2021)
Earlier this year, ED also hosted two related webinars (see below). Click on an event title to access more information, including archived materials.
- Returning to School: Mitigation and Mental Health Strategies (January 13, 2021)
- Pathways to Safe In-Person Operations of K-12 Schools (February 17, 2021)
If you have any questions about the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series, please contact NCSSLE@air.org.