Serves as a comprehensive resource on the issue of higher education access and success for homeless students, including information on:
- Understanding homeless students;
- Assisting homeless students in choosing a school;
- Helping homeless students pay for application-related expenses;
- Assisting homeless students in finding financial aid and scholarships for school; and
- Helping homeless students succeed in college.
The toolkit provides local homeless education liaisons, State Coordinators for Homeless Education, school counselors, college admission counselors, college financial aid administrators, and youth shelters and other service providers with the resources they need to understand the options and supports available for college-bound homeless youth and assist these youth in accessing them.