The U.S. Department of Education is hosting a webinar series to support educational settings in safely sustaining or returning to in-person instruction. The series features the latest federal guidance and lessons learned and best practices from faculty, staff, schools, districts, institutions of higher education, early childhood education providers, and other places of educational instruction describing approaches to operating during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On behalf of the U.S. Department of Education (ED), Office of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Safe and Supportive Schools, the National Center on Safe Supportive Learning Environments (NCSSLE) invites you to join the next webinar, Lessons from the Field: Strategies for Safely Returning to School: The Latest Federal Guidance.
Date: Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Time: 3:00-4:00 pm EST
Please join us for this informative webinar featuring updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and ED on preparing to return to school for the 2021-22 school year, including the latest on mitigation strategies, as we continue to contend with the COVID-19 pandemic. Following the federal agency updates, practitioner questions will be addressed by the CDC and ED staff to allow field personnel to better understand and ultimately operationalize guidance.
- Neha Cramer: Lead, Schools Unit, Community Intervention and Critical Populations Task Force at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Jessica McKinney: Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development (OPEPD), U.S. Department of Education
- Experienced Practitioners from the Field
This event will reference the following resources, which we encourage you to download in advance of the webinar to inform participation:
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 1: Strategies for Safely Reopening Elementary and Secondary Schools (PDF)
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 2: Roadmap to Reopening Safely and Meeting All Students' Needs (PDF)
- ED COVID-19 Handbook Volume 3: Strategies for Safe Operation and Addressing the Impact of COVID-19 on Higher Education Students, Faculty, and Staff
- Science Brief: Transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in K-12 Schools and Early Care and Education Programs - Updated | CDC
- COVID-19: Considerations for Wearing Masks | CDC
Please contact NCSSLE if you have any questions. We look forward to sharing this information with you and hearing from you about the important work you are doing in your schools, communities, and states to meet the needs of your students and staff as they return to in-person learning.
More on the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series
Archived Events: To access archived materials from previous Lessons from the Field webinars, go here.
Upcoming Webinars: Due to popular demand, the Lessons from the Field Webinar Series has been extended to run through September 2021. Stay tuned for additional details on upcoming webinars that will assist American educators in ensuring a safe and supportive transition back to in-person learning. Some of the anticipated topics for the upcoming webinars include after-summer learning and student reengagement.